Cornish Lithium – sustainable lithium production from multiple sources.
A leading British mineral development company focused on sustainable lithium extraction in Cornwall, UK from hard rock and brine sources.
It has secured extensive mineral rights agreements across more than 1000km2 of Cornwall, enabling it to use modern exploration techniques on a regional basis.
The asset portfolio provides development optionality and multiple cashflow pathways:
- Mining and processing of large lithium resources from brownfield china clay pits.
- The site for the processing facility has outstanding infrastructure in place, including a number of large buildings and access to a dedicated rail spur to the port.
- Direct Lithium Extraction from deep and shallow geothermal brines (currently in pilot phase).
- Government funding was secured for a pilot plant to test the extraction of brine from >5km depth to generate heat for renewable power as well as lithium removal.
- Investigations are ongoing to explore the potential to extract lithium from brines at shallower depths.
Focused on innovative extraction methods to produce “clean” lithium, with low water and energy usage.
Strengthens the UK’s EV Battery supply chain and reduces its carbon footprint.
Strong government and community support.