Over 15 years experience as a senior executive in the mining and metals industry.
- Executive Vice-President, Sales and Marketing, Base Metals, at Vale S.A., where he was instrumental in developing Vale’s EV strategy, positioning its nickel, cobalt and copper assets to maximize value in the era of electrification.
- In Tokyo, he was president of Vale’s Japanese subsidiary Vale Japan Ltd., managing the company’s nickel production assets and leading the sales and business development activities covering nickel and cobalt speciality products.
- Previously Managing Director at Umicore Greater China responsible for marketing Umicore’s line of cathode battery materials.
- Former chairman of the Nickel Institute, and a board commissioner at PT Vale, one of the largest publicly traded nickel producers based in Indonesia.
- Holds an undergraduate degree in Economics from the University of Calgary, and has completed executive management certificates from IMD Business School and MIT Sloan School of Management.