Chairman & CEO
Over 25 years of owning, developing and operating natural resource and mining projects across North America, South America, Africa and Europe. The Menell family company, the Anglovaal Group, has been an important player in the African mining and industrial scene for 80 years.
- Principal of the Kemet Group, developing natural resource projects across sub-Saharan Africa and advising governments on mining policy and M&A.
- Serves on the Board of Kemet International, Trinity Metals, US Vanadium, Brazilian Nickel and TechMet-Mercuria.
- Executive Director of Anglovaal Mining, developed the Chambishi Cobalt smelter and refinery, and the Nkomati Nickel Mine together with numerous other metals projects. Sold the company to Anglo American in 2001.
- Member of the Wilson Center Global Advisory Council, and Advisory Board member of the RUSI’s National Security and Net Zero Transition.
- Held various executive positions at De Beers in London, Antwerp, Windhoek, and Johannesburg, B.A (Hon.) Political Science & Economics, University of Pennsylvania.